Hong Kong is one of the most business-friendly places for foreign investment in the world . It is an ideal place for you to start business and trading with the Mainland China and the Asian markets.
Hong Kong has all along adopted a liberal and open immigration policy. Talents, Professional and Businessmen of all nations are welcome to work and invest in Hong Kong.
Top Talent Pass Scheme
The Talent Connect Program aims to attract top talents with rich work experience and advanced academic qualifications from all over the world to explore opportunities in Hong Kong. These top talents include high-income individuals and graduates from the world's top universities.
- Must be 18 years or older when submitting application
- Must not have any criminal record or adverse immigration record in Hong Kong or elsewhere
- Annual salary of HK$2.5 million or above in the year before application; or
- Graduates from the world's top 100 universities with at least 3 years of work experience in the past 5 years; or
- Graduates from the world's top 100 universities within 5 years of graduation, with less than 3 years of work experience
- No need to be hired by the employer first
- There are no industry or professional restrictions, you can apply if you meet the conditions
- Spouses and unmarried and dependent children under 18 years old can go to Hong Kong. There are no restrictions on the work of spouses, and children can come to Hong Kong to study.
- The applicant and dependents have Hong Kong resident identity cards and enjoy the same medical, education and other benefits as locals
An individual who taking up an employment as a shareholder and Director of a company in Hong Kong.
The applicant should prove that the company in Hong Kong can make substantial contribution to the economy of the HKSAR. The applicant must also have a good education background, proven professional abilities and relevant experiences.
In addition to the criteria required for an employment visa application, a disclosure of business proposal, personal savings and assets will be required.
The applicant must obtain a confirmed offer of employment from a company in Hong Kong.
The applicant must also have a good education background, proven professional abilities and relevant work experiences.
Eligible for foreign nationals entering Hong Kong for employment as professionals.
Permitted to stay up to 2 years for work.
Able to extend his/her stay up to 3 years per extension of stay application.
Applicants who are not non-local graduates but possess special skills, knowledge or experience of value to and not readily available in the HKSAR may apply to come to work under the General Employment Policy ("GEP")
Qualifications for applying "GEP"
- There is no security objection and no known record of serious crime in respect of the applicant;
- The applicant has a good education background, normally a first degree in the relevant field, but in special circumstances, good technical qualifications, proven professional abilities and/or relevant experience and achievements supported by documentary evidence may also be accepted;
- There is a genuine job vacancy;
- The applicant has a confirmed offer of employment and is employed in a job relevant to his academic qualifications or working experience that cannot be readily taken up by the local work force; and
- The remuneration package including income, accommodation, medical and other fringe benefits is broadly commensurate with the prevailing market level for professionals in the HKSAR.
Document Requirement for Work Permit Application:
- An application form , with relevant parts duly completed and signed;
- A copy of the sponsor's Business Registration Certificate, Certificate of Incorporation and / or Memorandum of Incorporation and Articles of Association
- Financial standing of the sponsor / sponsor's company (income tax return, trading profit and loss account, profit tax return)
- Company staff list with salary offered and position held and list of expatriate staff previously or currently recruited from overseas
- A copy of the applicant's service contract or letter of appointment with details of post, salaries and benefits
- Full description of the applicant's post
- Details, with proof, of applicant's academic qualifications and experience relevant to the post, e.g. copies of diplomas, certificate and testimonials
- A letter, with supporting proof from the employer (if possible), stating the reason why the post cannot be filled locally
- If the applicant is to replace someone already working in Hong Kong, the personal particulars and his whereabouts (if know) should be given
- If the applicant is to fill a new post, explain why his / her services are essential;
- Evidence of the applicant's past residence in Hong Kong (if any)
Eligible for the following dependants of valid Hong Kong Visa holders*:
Unmarried children under 18 years old
Hong Kong permanent residents’ parents over 60 years old
No prior permission required from the Hong Kong Immigration to participate in the following activities:
Employment / Change of Job
Starting up own business /company
Study / Change of School
* Not applicable to some visa(s)